I’ve had my camera, a D300, for years now and it has this feature to shoot photos at pre-defined intervals. I’m practically hitting myself in the head for not trying this early on, but it’s never too late to give it a shot.
So here’s my initial attempt at Time Lapse Photography.
- Camera was mounted on a tripod.
- A set of 200 still images shot at a 5-second intervals.
- Exposure set at manual 1s and f/8.
- White Balance set on manual (Cloudy).
- Images batch-cropped in Aperture (no other post-prod).
- Assembled in Quicktime as an Image Sequence, played at 10FPS, with titles added using iMovie.
I’m pretty okay with what I got but I need more work on the overall image quality. Will also try shooting at a lesser resolution because besides, the end-result was only a 640×480 movie.
It was pretty boring while the camera happily clicked away so I used that time to catch up on some reading. Next time, I’m bringing lots of coffee! And I hope there will be more cloud movement. :)